Career Resources & Experiential Learning is deeply woven into the mission and goals of Silver Lake College, through the concept of experiential learning, which is a very important part of planning for your future. Experiential learning is a process that is unique to each person throughout their lifetime. The process begins before you step on campus and continues long after you have graduated from Silver Lake College.
If you are an individual attending college for the first time, the experiences you will have, whether inside the classroom or outside the classroom, can be applied to your future and career goals. If you are an adult student returning to college, your past work and life experiences will be integrated with your new class and college experiences.
Silver Lake College of the Holy Family’s Career Services office offers simple, direct, and personal career-related counseling, resources, and training in a self-directed search for a college major and employment. The Career Services Office is not a placement office, but rather a place where students can find resources to locate job and internship opportunities that meet his/her needs. With the addition of SLC Works program, the Career Services Office strives to build a robust target resume for all students from the very first day of their college careers.
To assist with planning, Career Services offers:
- Individual Career Counseling
- Assistance setting up portfolios
- Assistance in developing and implementing career plans
- Assistance in developing the skills and knowledge to conduct successful job and internship searches
- Resume, cover Letter, and interview skills information and assistance
- Career workshops
- Information on Graduate Studies
- Mock and Informational Interview Resources
- Job and Internship Postings
- Information on business cards
- Professional etiquette
For more information on Career Resources & Internships, contact via email Lindsey Wyngaard or call 920-686-6192.